Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Little Background

Both of the boys were preemies. Sam was extremely premature, coming into this world nearly 3 months early on Nov. 25 th, 2000, weighing in at a whooping 1lb., 13oz. He went through every negative thing that a baby that premature could go through. Thankfully, it was all on the mild side. He does have issues, (CP being one of them) however, he is very smart and to say that his mind works a little different would be an understatement. He has insisted for over two yrs. now that he is going to be a pediatrician; he has never wavered from this. While my wife was pregnant with him she could not eat meat, couldn't even stand the smell of it without getting sick. To this day, after nearly 8 yrs. Sam has refused to eat meat.
Now on to Jake. He survived in the womb about a month and 1/2 longer than Sam. He came into the world, 5-16-04 and weighed in at 3 lbs. 9 0z. What a difference that little extra time bought. Whereas, Sam spent 3 mos. in the hospital, Jake spent 3 weeks. While pregnant with Jake my wife craved Carls Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburgers (what a change up, huh) Jake is a big time meat eater, especially, when it comes to bacon. He reminds me of that dog in the commercials, "Bacon, I smell bacon."
To say these two are complete opposites is putting it mild. But make no mistake about it, mess with one of them and the other one will be on you before you know what happened.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the stories and most of all, GET A LAUGH OUT OF THEM!
Now, even though I think I've got the funniest kids around, I know just about every parent will beg to differ. So I look forward to hearing some of your stories. I will also relay kid stories from my friends and co-workers.

No comments: