Sunday, October 12, 2008

A talk about marriage

As you were on the subject of marriage I thought I would contribute my conversation I had with my two children Aiden 3, and Anya 5 while in a waiting room at the OB/GYN the other day.

They had seen pictures of babies, and my daughter Anya said that when she marries she will have a baby. Of course, my son blurts out and told her that she was going to have a "guy" baby. After I had calmed Anya down, and reassured her that we don't even know the sex of her future baby until it happens.... she asks me "I wonder who I will marry and have my baby with?" Aiden, always to have the last word says,"Me, of course!" The whole waiting room was snickering along with me.
I tried to explain to both of them that they are not to marry their family. But every time, Anya would say a different family member's name.
But, Aiden wasn't giving up that she was going to marry "Aiden". So I told him that maybe her dream guy will be named Aiden too, and he seemed ok with that and shut up.
Anya was still thinking of men that aren't her family. Then...."I will just marry Dr. Walker"(their pediatrician who happens to work in the same building and 50 years her senior).
I whispered to her, "If he is still around when you are finished with college and old enough to marry, you go right ahead." LMAO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My two wanted to get married at some point until I told them they'd be thrown in jail. :) Now my daughter is focused on finding her prince.