Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Actual Dinner Conversation

This conversation took place at our dinner table last year with about a, month and a half, left to go in the school year.

Sam, "I'm getting married!"
Me, "Really?" " To who?"
Sam, "Samantha."
Looking at my wife, quizzically (I know the girls in his class, and had never heard of her) I ask, "Who's Samantha?"
Wife, "She's a new girl in his class."
Sam, "Yea, and I'm going to marry her."
Me, "You are?"
Sam, "Yep, and we're going to have 3 kids, Jerry, Tim, and Tom."
Me, "Wow! 3 boys, and you already named them."
Sam, "Yep, and we're going to move far away."
Wife, "Well, don't move too far. I want to be able to see my grandchildren."
Wife, "Why don't you move to San Diego."
Me, "No, they're going to move to the country, so we can go fishing when we come to visit."
Sam with a most serious look on his face, "Daddy, girls don't like the country."
Where he got that idea from, I have no idea.
Me, "Well, if your going to marry this girl, you are going to do it properly. Your going to ask her dad for permission to marry her."
Sam, "But, I don't know his phone number."
Me, "Your not going to call him. Your going to ask him in person."
Sam, "But, I don't even know where they live."
Me, "Well, maybe you should hold off on the marriage until you know her better."
Sam, "Okay!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a father and stepfather of 11, grandfather of 7, how many times have I heard that conversation (or similar). I love you Blog on first reading, looked at your follow buttons, but they are inactive, fix that and you have your first fan.

AV
http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/

That one girl. said...

What a funny story!
Little kids say the cutest things. :)

" JUST US " said...

I absolutely love your blog. I grew up with two sister and we were all close in age. Reading about your boys made me think of all the stuff we did as kids growing up. I couldn't help but laugh over all of it. I'll be adding your blog to my follow list for sure. =)