Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Damn Gummi Bears

Why all this hostility towards Gummi Bears? Because they started it all...the Gummi Worms, Gummi Spiders etc. Now I have nothing against the idea of eating tasty critters, heck if I was a kid I would have loved to imagine I was eating a spider or worm. However, they crossed the line with a particular type of the rubbery confection.
I came home from work one day and Jake made a rather disturbing, but not quite shocking announcement from a 4 yr. old... "I like boogers!"
"What was that, Jake?"
"I like boogers, they taste good."
"Okay, Jake, you are not supposed to eat boogers. That's gross."
"But, I like boogers, they're yummy."
"Jake, I better not catch you eating any boogers, you'll be in trouble."
"But, boogers are good, I like to eat them."

You guessed it, they actually make Gummi Boogers.
Thankfully, Jake has not made any proclamations for his love of boogers in public, with me, anyways. I dread the day he does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never have dared declare my love for boogers to my Mom. Beside we didn't have Gummi ones...

It's okay Marcy, I didn't really love them LOL in case you were about to puke.

Unknown said...

Gummi boogers. I'm surprised my husband hasn't brought these home yet. He's the one who introduced all things gummi to my kids.

Lisha Bean said...

Nice. I know I freaked when at Halloween time my daughter found a gummy in the shape of a foot the size of a 2 yr. old's. She ate the whole thing and got the biggest stomach ache after.
So now she is a cannibal. I think better than a booger eater.lol Just kidding!

Unknown said...

Hi-
You've been TAGGED. See my blog for more details:
http://marcydrivel.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-just-got-tagged-crap.html

--marcy